The Petroleum Engineering Department at the Faculty of Engineering, Koya University established the SPE student chapter. The student SPE chapter society will contribute in promoting the students experience through extending and introducing them to the world of petroleum engineering. This could be achieved by holding lectures, organizing social events, favoring contacts with Oil & Gas companies all over the world, enhancing collaboration with the wider SPE, and most of all, by doing the international field trip to hands-on experience in the oil industry.
The Society of Petroleum Engineers, SPE is the largest non-profit organization serving managers, engineers, scientists and other professionals worldwide in the field of the oil and gas industry. It offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the profession through their programs and activities and many of our accomplishments are driven by their dedicated members.
Joining the SPE student chapter offers many benefits:
• Joining a society with more than 100,000 members distributed over more than 100 countries and be recognize for your contributions.
• Flexible and easy access for a huge resources with discounted offers on attending worldwide events and buying books, materials and subscriptions.
• Opportunities for present technical papers, speak to sections and contribute in leadership and volunteer activities.
• Improve the experience and extent the professional scopes with various programs, including Distinguished Lecturer, Training Courses and online communities.
• Subscription to the Journal of Petroleum Technology.
Students from both petroleum and chemical engineering departments are invited to join the chapter by registering at the SPE first. For registration and being SPE member, follow the below link:
More information on Koya SPE student chapter website can be found at:
For more information, contact the chapter faculty advisor Mr. Ramyar Adnan on:
Faculty of Engineering
Daniel Mitterrand Boulevard,
Koya KOY45, Kurdistan Region, F.R. IRAQ
FENG Events >